Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday afternoon, July 11, 2011...3:06 p.m. PST.

Here I am on this incredible afternoon...sunny, breezy and quiet...I'm listening to the soundtrack from Dances with Wolves. I've been gathering and sorting my thoughts, ideas and stories in my mind for a long time now recently posting my musings on Facebook. Every now and then, someone comments "You should write a book". Maybe I should...maybe, I will. Maybe there will be a book called 'the Scattered Journalist'...I've had that title tucked away on my to-do list forever now. Until I get to that point, though...I thought I would give this blog-thing a try.

Who is the Scattered Journalist? Well, that would be me. In a nutshell, I love to write and am fascinated with photography. I have oodles of unfinished journals stacked in my studio. I'd start one and continue for a few days, a month or two, and then get side-tracked. I'd return to my writing table with a new blank book and continue on. Little sketches and doodles, short stories, viewpoints and questions I've jotted down to ponder later. The stash of photos continues to grow. My hard drive begins to quiver as I approach with my camera. Yep...more pictures! It's just a matter of time before my computer takes a stand and says, "Sorry, 'mam, you are out of room!" 

The truth of the matter is I've never had the confidence to put my work out where others can see it. Then, the other day I thought...well, nothing ventured....so, here we go. Thank you for stopping in and taking a peek. I've absolutely no clue how this blog will evolve, but I think we are about to find out, together. Here's to the journey!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Peg...Glad you are finally setting "pen to paper" on this blog...I love it! Wishing you many members and much success!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in to read my blog! I so appreciate your interest and welcome your comments! ~ peg