Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012

Now, you would think,  being 'retired' would allow me all sorts of time to write and post new entries to my blog. Well, evidently, that's not the case...at least right now! My days seem to be zipping by at warp speed and I'm not sure what, if anything, I am accomplishing.

I must admit that I thought I would simply switch gears, going smoothly from full time employment to full time homemaking & art projects. Reality check! My schedule is now free-form...which is quite foreign to me. Oh, I get my tasks done...but, I have allowed myself to s-l-o-w down a bit and to actually get distracted.

Books on the nightstand are watching my every move...eagerly waiting for me to select a title and sit down and read awhile.  Journals are on the art table...along with the mixed media supplies. The many thoughts, ideas and dreams that are swimming in my mind need to be deposited in the journals before I forget. Yet I find myself paralyzed at times...still thinking in 'work mode'....I have to do this and have to do that just like the 14+ years I spent at my last job....work, chores and very little time for fun and creating.  Honestly, it isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

But as the summer winds down and I finally find my creative balance, this, too, will change.

So, dear blog friends, bear with me as I continue to discover what my 'new normal' is! Thanks for your patience. More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to read my blog! I so appreciate your interest and welcome your comments! ~ peg