Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SPRING!

My friend, Susan Branch, just launched her latest Willard (Willard is the name of her newsletter for those who are not familiar with Susan) today and it is all about SPRING! Not the water trickling over the stones, nor the squeaky one in the bed....the real SPRING...the season that comes after Winter and before Summer. Lovely, sunny, to-die-for breezes in the air and wispy clouds sailing overhead. SPRING! A-hem? Uh, wait a moment....where did old man Winter go? We haven't had Winter yet!! How could SPRING here???
This is our rouge Hollyhock plant. Actually, there are at least 2 in there! Charlie seems to remember me flinging a handful of misc. seeds into the garden last spring, hoping for some surprises. I was surprised, alright. Several seeds made an appearance only to croak a few days later. After a bit of research, I have learned that it is best to sow the seeds for Hollyhocks at the end of summer/early fall if you want blooms on your stalks come SPRING!

And, it seems that the neighborhood birds are back from their winter break....the finch feeder in the back garden has been loaded with birds all week.
 




Maybe I'm ready for SPRING! I have been wanting to get out and clean up the gardens; move some roses...and I just read on the seed packets that most of the veggies I want to grow need to go in the ground in March! So, I guess I best get cracking!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peg,

    ETA for My First Bird Book & Feeder: hoot tweet chirp peep, is September 2012!

    Hurrah and happy spring,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in to read my blog! I so appreciate your interest and welcome your comments! ~ peg